To make a backup, login to Multicraft, select and stop your server, then follow these steps:
1. On the left hand side of your control panel click the tab.
2. Then click the button.
3. The backup should create. If you get an error such as "quota exceeded" you can do one of the following two things:
- You can order more backup space by choosing your quota and selecting "Place Upgrade Order". By default all clients have a free starting backup quota of 3072Mb. You can order more at a cost of $1.99 per month per additional 10GB of backup space.
- Alternatively, instead of ordering more backup space, you can clean your FTP Files up a little. We suggest you remove folders like crash_reports, logs and old worlds you may not be using anymore.
Downloading Your Server Files Manually
If you do not wish to use the backup feature within Multicraft, then you can manually take a backup of your server. By doing this you will download a copy of all of your server files to your comptuer's hard drive. There are a couple ways to do this.
The first way to create a manual backup is via the webFTP system. Here's how to go about that.
1. Login to your Multicraft panel.
2. On the left hand side of the control panel click . Then choose .
3. On the file list you can select each folder you would like to backup. Choose the ones you want by clicking on the checkbox for each item you would like to backup. To choose everything, just select the very first checkbox you see, it will automatically select everything. Below is a screenshot showing everything selected.
4. Click on the blue button that will appear at the top.
5. The file list will automatically disappear for a moment and a zip menu will appear. In the blue "What will your zip be called?" box, give it a name like "backup" and click the button.
6. The zip menu will disappear and you'll get a green "Zipping Successful" message at the top. At the bottom will be your "backup.zip".
7. Download the backup.zip file by clicking on it. It should download.
The alternative way to create a manual backup via FTP is to login to your FTP File Access with a third party FTP program like Filezilla and download everything from your server via that method.
A guide on using FTP can be found here should you have any questions.