Two-Factor Authentication, or 2FA, is an extra layer of security for your account that goes beyond an email and password login. This allows you to further protect your account from a compromise. This guide covers the 2FA process for the MCProHosting client area.
To enable 2-Factor Authentication, follow these steps:
1. Login to your MCProHosting client area.
2. At the top-right of your client area, click "Hello <username>!" to get a dropdown and then select Security Settings.
3. In Security Settings under Two-Factor Authentication click the button CLICK HERE TO ENABLE.
4. Upon clicking that button, an Enable Two-Factor Authentication window will appear.
5. Click GET STARTED to begin the Two-Factor Authentication setup.
6. A QR Code/Secret Key will appear. Scan the QR Code or manually input the secret key within an authenticator addon/app.
7. You will now be asked to verify the setup. Grab the security code generated by your authenticator addon/app and enter that code.
8. Click Confirm to confirm that code and finish enabling two-factor authentication(2FA).
You have now successfully enabled two-factor authentication on your client area account!