How to Install Minecraft Modpacks
We offer a Mod Support addon that includes, installation, support, and updates. With this subscription you can easily change your modpack in the Multicraft control panel. This service is charged an additional $2 per month. To purchase this addon, simply submit a ticket to our support department.
This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP guide here and completed the custom jars tutorial here.
To install your favourite modpack on your server. Simply login to Multicraft, select and stop your server, then follow these steps:
1. Download the server files for the Modpack you would like. For example. The Tekkit Classic files can be found on this page. On the right hand side you'll see "Technic Launcher" and "Tekkit Classic Server" You want to download the server files. This applies to any modpack you want.
2. Unzip the .zip file to your computer and upload all the files inside, to your server via FTP (i.e. FileZilla)
3. Once uploaded rename the "modpack.jar" file to "custom.jar"
4.Make sure your server is set to use a custom jar. The image below shows you where to change your jar name. You can find this dialogue under you "change server type" menu. For more information, please refer to to this guide here on how to do that.
5. Add a new world and click save. For more details this guide will show you how to create a new world.
**We highly recommend that you start a new world on your server after installing a Minecraft Modpack. This will allow for mods that change world generation and orespawning to enhance your Modpack experience. Otherwise, new ores and world gen will only take place on newly generated chunks.**
6. Start your server and enjoy your Minecraft modpack.
If you have any issues uploading your modpack, we suggest you make a support ticket to the modpacks department.
Bukkit Color Codes (Views: 48262)
Many plugins available for Bukkit have the ability to use special codes to add color and format text. Generally, these are referred to as "Color Codes". There are several...
How to Install and Configure BungeeCord (Views: 115)
Should you find setting up your network difficult while following this guide, you can also purchase our BungeeCord Setup addon ($15.00 USD for a one-time setup). You can find...
How to Set a Player AFK Timer (Views: 10651)
This article covers how to set a player AFK timer in Minecraft 1.7.x without using a plugin.To set an AFK timer, log into Multicraft, select and stop your server then follow...
How to Install a Client Side Custom Modpack Using MultiMC (Views: 43638)
We recommend that you either use the official jar, however, you may find it easier to use a program like MultiMC. Here's how to install your modpack on your computer, using...
How to Import a Create-A-Modpack Using the Twitch Desktop App (Views: 17766)
This guide will explain how to import your Create-A-Modpack using the Twitch Desktop App (formerly the Curse launcher). Per your request, we can package your modpack for use...