How to Upload a World to Your Minecraft Server Using FTP
This guide will go over how to upload a custom world to your Minecraft server using a third party FTP client.
This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP guide here.To upload a world to your server, you will need to log into FTP via FileZilla and follow these steps: 1. Login to your Multicraft control panel, and select your Minecraft server. 2. Stop your server.
3. Unzip your world. Downloaded worlds will always be zipped.
3a. To unzip a file in Windows 7, open the zipped file, click "Extract all files" in the toolbar, select a location you will remember, and click "Extract" .
3b. To unzip a file in Windows 8, open the zipped file, click "Extract" then "Extract All" in the toolbar, select a location you will remember, and click "Extract".
4. Once your world has been extracted, locate the world, and give it a friendly name that you will remember. In our example, we will be renaming our world from "World" to "world2". Make sure you give your world a name that doesn't already exist on your server or contain any spaces or special characters like "-", "." or "_".
5. Connect to your server's FTP via FileZilla, and upload the entire world folder to your server's root directory. To upload the entire folder, simply drag your world's folder to the "/". Uploading a world can take some time, depending on your internet connection, and the size of the world.
6. Once your world's upload has been completed, you will need to login to your Multicraft control panel, and select your server.
7. Scroll down to the "World" section (above "Livechat Code"), and click "Add World". When you are prompted for the world name, imput the exact same friendly name you gave the world you uploaded. In our example, we used "world2". Once you have filled out the world name, click OK.
8. Select your world from the world dropdown list, and click "Save" at the bottom of your control panel.
9. Start your Minecraft server, and your world upload is complete!
How to Setup a MySQL Database (Views: 24198)
How to setup a MySQL database for use with your Bukkit servers plugins.To create a MySQL database on your server, log into Multicraft, select your Minecraft server and follow...
How to Add a User to Multicraft (Views: 55585)
How to add a user to your Multicraft control panel to help manage your Minecraft server.
To add a user to your Multicraft control panel so they can help manage your Minecraft...
Alternative Minecraft World Types for your Minecraft Server (Views: 42051)
This requires a new world to be created.To set your world type, log into Multicraft, select and stop your Minecraft server and follow these steps:1. On the left hand side of...
How to OP yourself on your Minecraft Server (Views: 334233)
By default, there are no Minecraft server operators, also known as OPs, on your Minecraft server. Being an OP grants you full permissions to your Minecraft server. To "OP"...
How to Change Your Server's Game Mode (Views: 13913)
You can change your server's game mode straight from your server control panel. The Config Files module on your control panel makes it easy.1. Log in to your control panel and...