This knowledgebase article will explain how to import your MySQL database from another source. Wherever your database used to be hosted, they should provide a web-based interface to access your MySQL database called phpMyAdmin. You will need to login and follow the steps below.
To Download Your Previous MySQL Database:
1. Login to phpMyAdmin on your web-based interface through your other server/hosting provider.
2. On the left side, click on your database name. In this example, that is "database_name".
3. Once you have selected the database name, at the top click Export.
4. In the Export area, select the Quick export method and set the format to SQL.
5. When you're ready, click Go to begin the database download. Depending on your database size, this may take some time. We would recommend remaining within the phpMyAdmin MySQL web-interface until this download is fully complete. The database will download as a .sql file.
You're now ready to upload/import that database to your MCProHosting server!
To Import a MySQL Database:
1. Login to your MCProHosting control panel.
2. On the left side of the control panel, click Advanced and then Databases.
3. If you do not already have a database created, input the name of the database you wish to create and then click Create Database.
4. Once created, you will see an Administration Link button. Click this to open a phpMyAdmin MySQL interface.
5. Using your MySQL database's MySQL Username and MySQL Password, login to that phpMyAdmin interface.
6. Once logged in, on the left side select your database.
7. Once the database is selected, at the top click Import.
8. In the Import area, click on the Choose File button to select the database .sql file you would like to import. All other settings can be left the way they are in the example below.
9. Once that database .sql file has been chosen, click Go and your database will now upload into MCProHosting's database server. Depending on the size of the database, it may take some time to fully upload that database. We would recommend remaining within the phpMyAdmin MySQL interface until the upload is fully completed.
Please note: If the file is bigger than 3 GB, please upload it using FileZilla to your root directory, then open a support ticket that this has been completed and we'll import it for you.
Experiencing issues and need assistance importing your MySQL database?
You can contact our LiveChat team or submit a ticket and we can help!