1. On the left hand side of your control panel click .
4. Scroll down to the Server Message field. It should be prepopulated with "A Minecraft Server". See the image below for reference.
5. Remove "A Minecraft Server" and enter in your chosen display message.
6. If you want to add colour to your message check the colour codes for Minecraft here or for Bukkit here. You will need to enter in the color code before your letter or word you want to color.
7. Once you are happy with the format, click
8. Start your server and enjoy your personalized Minecraft server message.
- You must restart your server everytime you want to make a change to your MOTD.
- Vanilla Minecraft cannot use Bukkit color codes. However, Bukkit can use Minecraft color codes.
Here's a video that details this process: