This article will explain how to use MCProHosting’s server importer feature. This feature is used to pull files from one FTP to a server that you have purchased on MCProHosting’s platform. This article is broken down into three different areas. All three areas must be checked prior to starting the server after transferring.
Data Transfer | MySQL Importing | Server Jar Detection
1. Login to your control panel.
2. Click on Server Importer.
3. Enter the Hostname for the FTP that you are moving files from.
4. Enter the Username for the FTP that you are moving files from.
5. Enter the Password for the FTP that you are moving files from. Passwords are never stored on MCPH systems.
6. Double check that all the information required is applied. Ensure that there are no spelling mistakes and click Start Transfer. The server importer tool will then connect to your ftp, count the files, and transfer them. You can keep track of its progress and see how many files have been transferred and how many are remaining. Once done it will display the following message in green text: Server Import Complete.
This completes the actual moving of your server from your previous host to MCProHosting. However, there are still a few things that must be done. Please proceed to the sections labeled MySQL Importing and Jar File Detection.
Are you using a MySQL database for anything on your server? If you are, you will have to import that manually. Due to security reasons, we cannot automatically import your database. If you are not sure whether or not you do use a MySQL database, chances are that you are not and can skip down to server jar detection. You can learn how to manually import your MySQL database to MCProHosting at this knowledgebase article.
Sever Jar Detection
Now we must check that your server jar file has been detected. To do this please follow the following steps:
1. Go to your control panel.
2. Select Server Type.
3. Click Click to Change Selected JAR
4.If your server is not displaying the correct jar, simply select the JAR you were using on the previous host from the dropdown box here.