If you’re new to Bukkit/Spigot, selecting plugins for the first time may be a tough task. To make things easier, we’ve picked out a few of our favorite plugins which can be found installed on just about every Bukkit server we host.
GroupManager: Permissions - This is your good old permissions plugin which also allows you to have ranks. (Although it is not available on BukGet, it is downloadable from the Essentials wiki(for 1.7 and below) and from Spigot(for 1.8+)!
PermissionsEx: Permissions - This plugin is a more updated permissions plugin which allows you to easily create ranks and setup permissions on your server. You should only have one permissions plugin so if you were to use PermissionsEx, you would not want to also use Group Manager.
Essentials: Miscellaneous Server Functionality - This plugin is packed with loads of commands and functionality such as: warps, tp’ing, spawn, homes, kits, banning/kicking, mob spawning, colored signs, and more! So you will definitely need this plugin no matter what server type you want. Availability: 1.7 and below.
EssentialsX: Miscellaneous Server Functionality - This is the Essentials plugin, updated for 1.8+ servers. The permissions and commands are identical. Availability: 1.8 - 1.12.2.
WorldEdit: World Manipulation - It’s an easy-to-use in-game world editor for every server. It has no impact on your server when not in use. Check out the World Edit wiki for more information. Availability: Any version. We recommend restricting WordEdit to trusted admins only and using plugins like ASyncWorldEdit to restrict the rate at which blocks are changed to help reduce lag/crashing when making large WorldEdits.
WorldGuard: World Protection - is a powerful plugin providing all the little things (and some big ones), and it protects your servers from various problems. *Requires WorldEdit. Check out the WorldGuard wiki for more information. We recommend restricting WorldGuard to trusted admins only.
Vault: Common Dependency – it is a permissions, chat and economy API to give plugins easy hooks into these systems without needing to hook or depend on each individual plugin themselves. *Most plugins will need this.
ClearLagg: - Optimization - this plugin is useful for keeping excess entities cleared on your server to help reduce and clear server lag. This plugin can help with server performance.
- GroupManager - This is your good old permissions plugin which also allows you to have ranks. Per-world-permissions is one of its great aspects. (Although it is not available on Bukkit it is downloadable from the Essentials wiki and from Spigot(for 1.8+)! Availability: Any version.
- PermissionsEx – This plugin is a more updated permissions plugin which allows you to easily create ranks and setup permissions on your server. This plugin is highly recommended on Prison servers for its ease of use with rankup plugins. Availability: Any version.
- Essentials - Essentials offers over 100 commands and features useful on just about every server. It has a built in economy features that makes this a useful plugin for any server. *requires Vault for economy and certain chat features. Availability: 1.0.1 - 1.7.9. For 1.8+ versions, use EssentialsX.
- BuyCraft - For customers that chose our BuyCraft premium trial you will need this plugin to use BuyCraft with your server. (Don’t worry if you forgot, you can request a BuyCraft email from our support team. Just submit a ticket from your client area to General Support!) *Requires Vault. Availability: Any version
- Enjin Plugin - This plugin is optional if you have an Enjin site but it does provide some fantastic features, and it add lots of functionality to your Enjin site. (Again don’t worry if you forgot to tick the box for the premium trial. You can request an email by submitting a ticket from your client area to General Support!) *Requires Vault. Availability: Any version.
- CraftConomy - It is is a simple, lightweight and yet very effective economy handling plugin. Includes MySQL support to store your money to a safer storage system.*Requires Vault. Availability: 1.0.1 - 1.12.
- WorldEdit – It’s an easy-to-use in-game world editor for every server. It has no impact on your server when not in use. Availability: Any version.
- VoxelSniper - is the premier long range map editing tool for Minecraft SMP. This mod allows you to edit any block that you can see using an arrow (for replacing) and a gunpowder (for adding). It is best used by those with a strong attention to detail and fits a wide array of applications. Availability: 1.0.1 - 1.10.
- Multiverse-Core - A complete world management solution. It can create, remove, and manage your worlds including allowing you to flag regions with a large amount of different region flags such as TNT, mob-spawning, pvp, and more. Availability: Any version.
- Multiworld - The easy to use multiworld plugin. Very similar to Multiverse-Core, this plugin allows you to easily create, remove, and manage your worlds. Availability: Any version.
- AreaShop - An advanced region management plugin that hooks into WorldGuard to allow users to buy, sell, and rent WorldGuard regions. *Requires Vault, an economy plugin, WorldEdit, and WorldGuard. Availability: Any version.
- PerWorldInventory - This plugin allows you to easily setup per-world-inventories on your server. This includes support for sharing inventories, separate gamemode inventories, and bypassing the inventory sharing while being OP or while having specific permissions. Availability: Any version.
- MultiInv - MultiInv is a plugin that gives players a separate inventory for every different world running on the server. You can share inventories over chosen worlds and some players can be ignored entirely. Op players will bypass the per world inventories features unless disabled through the configuration. Availability: 1.0.1 – 1.12.
- GUIShop - This plugin simply adds one command for your players; /shop. That command will open a clickable GUI with the shop on top and your inventory on the bottom. Availability: Any version. *Requires Vault & Economy plugin.
- Shop - This plugin allows you to setup shops through NPCs, signs, and even through commands. This plugin offers a vast amount of customizability to allow you to setup shops how you want them. Availability: 1.7 - 1.12. *Citizens NPCs are not supported in 1.11 - 1.12 yet *Requires Vault & Economy plugin.
- Essentials Protect - Core world protection, allowing you to block explosions, fire spread and other catastrophes! *Requires Essentials. Availability: 1.0.1 - 1.7.9. For 1.8+ versions, use EssentialsX.
- CoreProtect - CoreProtect is a fast, efficient, data logging and anti-griefing tool. Rollback and restore any amount of damage. It will record and manage data without impacting your server performance. Availability: Any version.
- LogBlock - LogBlock is a tool which allows you to keep track of almost everything on your server, while also giving you the ability to rollback (revert) or redo changes made by users. Additionally, LogBlock is able to log and rollback chest contents, sign text and more! *Requires MySQL database. Availability: 1.2.5 - 1.9.
- LWC - is the longest-lived single block protection plugin that protects both the block itself and the contents of Chests, Furnaces, and Dispensers. It can also protect any other blocks, and by default will also protect Doors (Wooden and Iron), Signs and Trap Doors. Availability: Any version.
- GriefPrevention - Grief Prevention stops grief before it starts automatically without any effort from administrators, and with very little (self-service) effort from players. Availability: Any version.
- Vault – it is a permissions, chat, & economy API to give plugins easy hooks into these systems without needing to hook or depend on each individual plugin themselves. *Most plugins will need this. Availability: Any version
- WorldBorder - This plugin is intended to efficiently provide a border for each of your worlds, which only people granted special bypass access are allowed beyond. These borders can be round/elliptic or square/rectangular. Availability: Any version.
- ClearLagg - This plugin is useful for keeping excess entities cleared on your server to help reduce and clear server lag. This plugin can help with server performance. Availability: Any version.
- DynMap - A web-based map for your Minecraft server that can be viewed in any browser. Availability: Any version.
- Citizens - Citizens is the original Bukkit NPC plugin, adding everything from simple NPCs that talk to lively, active Denizens, Sentries, Traders and more. Citizens contains a variety of toggleable characters and unlimited possibilities for expansion. Availability: Any version.
- Votifier - It is a plugin whose purpose is to get notified when a vote is made on a Minecraft server list for the server. This plugin will then send the vote to a vote reward plugin/listener and provide players with voting rewards. *Requires Vault & vote listener. Availability: Any version.
- GAListener - This plugin listens to voting events passed from Votifier and allows you to reward players with anything when they vote for your server. *Requires Vault & Votifier. Availability: 1.3.2 - 1.11.2.
- NoCheatPlus - A comprehensive anti-cheat plugin that can be compatible with plugins like mcMMO. This plugin can detect hacked clients for things such as fly hacking, speed hacking, and a variety of other hacks. *Requires - CompatNoCheatPlus for support with mcMMO and other plugins. Availability: 1.2.5 - 1.11.2. For newer versions, please use NoCheatPlus’s dev builds!
- iDisguise - iDisguise allows you to disguise as mob or as another player. Availability: Any version.
- MessageAnnouncer - This plugin allows you to add announcements within the configuration and adjust the intervals of those messages. You can even change the order of how those messages are played! *Recommends PlaceHolderAPI. Availability: 1.8 - 1.12.
- ActionAnnouncer - This plugin allows you to setup action bar announcements on your server that can be setup in a specific order and can appear at set intervals. This plugin offers the ability to send action bar messages to certain players or to your entire server. Availability: 1.8 - 1.11.
- PlotSquared - PlotSquared has a simple install and config so you are ready from the get-go, however, if you want to be more complex with your server you can use SimpleRegionMarket to create plots for users which they can buy and sell. Availability: 1.7 - 1.12.
- Factions - This plugin allows you to create your own faction. The more followers a faction has the more land the faction can claim. The risk for griefing is low in claimed land since only the faction followers can build there. *Requires Vault & MassiveCore. Availability: Any version.
- CombatLogX - Helps make combat fair and stop cheaters who “combat log”. This plugin is highly configurable and adds support for many other plugins. Availability: 1.7 - 1.12.
- MiniGames - This plugin has it all! It includes the ability to create: Jump Puzzles, Mazes, Last Man Standing, Race, Team Deathmatch, Deathmatch, Spleef, Treasure Hunts, CTF, Infection and more! *Requires Vault & Economy plugin. Availability: 1.7 - 1.12.
- One In The Chamber - The aim of the game is to have a free for all and kill each other. This plugin is highly customizable and includes a scoreboard feature! Availability: 1.8 - 1.12.
- PaintballPureWar - Paintball is a fast paced and action packed multiplayer game. In the classic Team-DeathMatch mode 2 teams compete against each other to bombard each other with snowballs. Availability: 1.2.5 - 1.12.
- ASkyBlock - This plugin will allow you and your friends to play Skyblock. This plugin includes challenges and co-op features along with the ability to setup your own schematics as islands! *Requires Vault & Economy plugin. Availability: 1.7 - 1.12.
- Mob Arena - If you enjoy fighting monsters for glorious prizes or just the sheer thrill of battle, you and your friends can now join forces against hordes of Minecraft evils in the exciting gladiator-style survival mini-game. *Requires Vault. Availability: 1.2.5 - 1.11.
- HeavySpleef - This provides an easy to use plugin to setup your own, professional spleef games. Availability: 1.7 - 1.11.
- Ultimate Survival Games- Ultimate SurvivalGames is a fully configurable plugin, that allow players to play full automaticly survival games! The plugins is very customizable and can be set up different on each server! *Requires WorldEdit Availability: 1.7 - 1.10
- mcMMO - It adds fourteen unique skills to train and level in. Each of these skills is highly customizable through our configuration files, allowing server admins to tweak mcMMO to best suit the needs of his or her server. Availability: 1.0 - 1.12.
- Quests - This plugin allows you to create your own epic quests and adventures using in-game editors, NPCs, custom rewards, and more! *Requires Vault & Economy plugin. NPCs require Citizens. Availability: 1.7 - 1.12.
- Citizens - This plugin allows you to add custom NPCs to your server which can include held items, dialog, and more! Availability: 1.0.1 - 1.12.
- Towny - Towny offers solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters to minecraft server admins. Towny allows players to work together and against each other as they see fit. Availability: 1.5.2 - 1.12.
- Rankup - A simple, lightweight plugin, allowing your players to pay to switch ranks on a predetermined track. You can configure a different track of ranks by which your players can progress on, and define a price for each rank. *Requires Vault, an economy plugin, and PermissionsEx. Availability: 1.7 - 1.12.
- ChopTree - This plugin allows you to easily chop down trees by breaking a single block at the bottom of the tree to make the whole tree break. Availability: 1.7 - 1.12.
- MCPrison - All in one Prison plugin to power your Prison Server. Includes custom built-in rank system, mine resetting, autosmelting and auto-blocking. Availability: 1.7.2 - 1.11.