Recommended Minecraft Plugins
Plugins Recommended by the MCProHosting Team!
If you’re new to Bukkit, selecting plugins for the first time may be a tough task. To make things easier, we’ve picked out a few of our favorite plugins which can be found installed on just about every Bukkit server we host.GroupManager: Permissions - This is your good old permissions plugin which also allows you to have ranks. (Although it is not available on Bukkit it is downloadable from the Essentials wiki and never needs updating!)Essentials: Miscellaneous Server Functionality - This plugin is packed with loads of commands and functionality such as: warps, tp’ing, spawn, homes, kits, banning/kicking, mob spawning, colored signs, and more! So you will definitely need this plugin no matter what server type you want.
Although there are recommended maximums for how many plugins you can run on each server plan, different plugins use different amounts of RAM. The more plugins you install, the less players your server will be able to handle without noticeable lag. If you find your server using all of its RAM, you may wish to consider upgrading your server here.
This list was updated 12/10/2016. We cannot guarantee that these plugins will work on your server.
You can choose to view this list by Plugin Category or by Server Type
Plugins Recommended for Every Minecraft Server:
EssentialsX: Miscellaneous Server Functionality - This is the Essentials plugin, updated to 1.8+ servers. Availability: 1.8-1.11.WorldEdit: World Manipulation - It’s an easy-to-use in-game world editor for every server. It has no impact on your server when not in use. Check out the World Edit wiki for more information. Availability: Any version. We recommend restricting WordEdit to trusted admins only.
WorldGuard: World Manipulation - is a powerful plugin providing all the little things (and some big ones), and it protects your servers from various problems. *Requires World Edit. Check out the WorldGuard wiki for more information. We recommend restricting WorldGuard to trusted admins only.
Vault: Common Dependency – it is a permissions, chat and economy API to give plugins easy hooks into these systems without needing to hook or depend on each individual plugin themselves. *Most plugins will need this.ClearLagg - Optimization - It's made to remove all entities to prevent/clear lag. This plugin can help with server performance.
Permissions: *You only need one.- GroupManager - This is your good old permissions plugin which also allows you to have ranks. Per-world-permissions is one of its great aspects. (Although it is not available on Bukkit it is downloadable from the Essentials wiki) Availability: Any version.- PermissionsEx – This is a good plugin for the advanced user. This is a great plugin for a prison server or any server that needs global groups. Availability: Any version.
Commands: *You only need one.- Essentials - Essentials offers over 100 commands and features useful on just about every server. It has a built in economy features that makes this a useful plugin for any server. Availability: 1.0.1 - 1.7.9. For 1.8+ versions, use EssentialsX.- Command Book – This plugin adds essential commands for managing your server, from teleportation commands to time changing commands. It has modular features, so you can disable aspects of the plugin. *Requires WorldEdit. Availability: 1.0.1 - 1.7.9.
Partner Plugins:- BuyCraft - For customers that chose our BuyCraft premium trial you will need this plugin to use BuyCraft with your server. (Don’t worry if you forgot, you can request a BuyCraft email from our support team. Just submit a ticket from your client area to General Support!) *Requires Vault. Availability: Any version- Enjin Plugin - his plugin is optional if you have an Enjin site but it does provide some fantastic features, and it add lots of functionality to your Enjin site. (Again don’t worry if you forgot to tick the box for the premium trial, you can request an email by submitting a ticket from your client area to General Support!) *Requires Vault. Availability: Any version.Economy: *You only need one.- Essentials - It has a fully functional economy and shop system built into it. Availability: 1.0.1 - 1.7.9. For 1.8+ versions, use EssentialsX.
- CraftConomy - It is is a simple, lightweight and yet very effective economy handling plugin. Has MySQL support to store your money to a safer storage system.*Requires Vault. Availability: 1.0.1 - 1.8.
- Iconomy - A great economy plugin that allows you to rename your money on your server in both major and minor money values, such as dollars and cents. *Requires Vault. Availability: Any version.
World Editing and Management:
- World Edit – It’s an easy-to-use in-game world editor for every server. It has no impact on your server when not in use. Availability: Any version.
- VoxelSniper - is the premier long range map editing tool for Minecraft SMP. This mod allows you to edit any block that you can see using an arrow (for replacing) and a gunpowder (for adding). It is best used by those with a strong attention to detail and fits a wide array of applications. Availability: 1.0.1 - 1.10.
- Multiverse-Core - A complete world management solution. It can create, remove, and manage your worlds including allowing you to flag regions with a large amount of different region flags such as TNT, mob-spawning, pvp, and more. Availability: Any version.
- Multiworld - The easy to use multiworld plugin. Very similar to Multiverse-Core, this plugin allows you to easily create, remove, and manage your worlds. Availability: Any version.
- AreaShop - An advanced region management plugin that hooks into WorldGuard to allow users to buy, sell, and rent WorldGuard regions. *Requires Vault, an economy plugin, WorldEdit, and WorldGuard. Availability: Any version.
Inventory Management:- Limited Creative - This plugin prevents any way of creative player to pass items to survival-mode, without need of a separate creative-world. *Requires WorldEdit and WorldGuard. Availability: 1.0.1 – 1.9.
- PerWorldInventory - This plugin allows you to easily setup per-world-inventories on your server. This includes support for sharing inventories and bypassing the inventory sharing while being OP or while having specific permissions. Availability: Any version.- MultiInv - MultiInv is a plugin that gives players a separate inventory for every different world running on the server. You can share inventories over chosen worlds and some players can be ignored entirely. Availability: 1.0.1 – 1.9.
Shop:- Essentials – It includes shop signs and command costs. Availability: 1.0.1 - 1.7.9. For 1.8+ versions, use EssentialsX.
- GUIShop - This plugin simply adds one command for your players; /shop. That command will open a clickable GUI with the shop on top and your inventory on the bottom. Availability: Any version. *Requires Vault & Economy plugin.
- ChestShop - A simple, yet very powerful system for making physical shops using signs and chests. Availability: Any version. *Requires Vault & Economy plugin.
- Shop - This plugin allows you to setup shops through NPCs, signs, and even through commands. This plugin offers a vast amount of customizability to allow you to setup shops how you want them. Availability: 1.7 - 1.10.2. *Requires Vault & Economy plugin.
- World Guard - is a powerful plugin providing all the little things (and some big ones), and it protects your servers from various problems. *Requires WorldEdit. Availability: Any version.
- Lockette - The sign-based container and door lock for Bukkit! *Requires Vault. Availability: 1.2.5 - 1.9.
- Essentials Protect - Core world protection, allowing you to block explosions, fire spread and other catastrophes! *Requires Essentials. Availability: 1.0.1 - 1.7.9. For 1.8+ versions, use EssentialsX.
- CoreProtect - CoreProtect is a fast, efficient, data logging and anti-griefing tool. Rollback and restore any amount of damage. It will record and manage data without impacting your server performance. Availability: Any version.
- LogBlock - LogBlock is a tool which allows you to keep track of almost everything on your server, while also giving you the ability to rollback (revert) or redo changes made by users. Additionally, LogBlock is able to log and rollback chest contents, sign text and more! *Requires MySQL database. Availability: 1.2.5 - 1.9.
- ProtectionStones - This allows a player to place a special block, and this protects their area from griefing. *Requires WorldGuard. Availability:1.1 - 1.10.
- LWC - is the longest-lived single block protection plugin that protects both the block itself and the contents of Chests, Furnaces, and Dispensers. It can also protect any other blocks, and by default will also protect Doors (Wooden and Iron), Signs and Trap Doors. Availability: Any version.
- Grief Prevention - Grief Prevention stops grief before it starts automatically without any effort from administrators, and with very little (self-service) effort from players. Availability: Any version.
- Vault – it is a permissions, chat, & economy API to give plugins easy hooks into these systems without needing to hook or depend on each individual plugin themselves. *Most plugins will need this. Availability: Any version
- World Border - This plugin is intended to efficiently provide a border for each of your worlds, which only people granted special bypass access are allowed beyond. These borders can be round/elliptic or square/rectangular. Availability: Any version
- ClearLagg - It's made to remove all entities to prevent/clear lag. This plugin can help with server performance. Availability: Any version.
- DynMap - A web-based map for your Minecraft server that can be viewed in any browser. Availability: 1.0.1 - 1.9.
- NametagEdit– This plugin will allow you to give prefixes and suffixes with permissions, or directly to the player. *Requires Permissions plugin. Availability: Any version.
- Citizens - Citizens is the original Bukkit NPC plugin, adding everything from simple NPCs that talk to lively, active Denizens, Sentries, Traders and more. Citizens contains a variety of toggleable characters and unlimited possibilities for expansion. Availability: Any version.
Vote:- Votifier - It is a Bukkit plugin whose purpose is to get notified (aka votified) when a vote is made on a Minecraft server list for the server. *Requires Vault Availability: Any version- GAListener - This plugin listens to voting events passed from Votifier and allows you to reward players with anything when they vote for your server. *Requires Vault & Votifier. Availability: Any version
- NoCheatPlus - A comprehensive anti-cheat plugin that can be compatible with plugins like mcMMO. This plugin can detect hacked clients for things such as fly hacking, speed hacking, and a variety of other hacks. Availability: 1.2.5 - 1.10. *Requires CompatNoCheatPlus for support with mcMMO and other plugins.
- Orebfuscator - is a powerful anti-Xray plugin that can detect Xray users and hide blocks and chests from those players. Availability: 1.0.0 - 1.10 *Requires ProtocolLib
Bonus:- EchoPet - is a simple Donator Perk plugin designed to add Pets that follow players around on their adventures throughout Minecraft. All Pets are custom entities spawned and controlled by the plugin. *Requires Vault Availability: Any version- Lib's Disguises – This plugin will allow players to disguise themselves as mobs and animals. *Requires ProtocolLib. Availability: Any version.- Massive Hat - You can put normal Minecraft blocks on your head as if they were helmets. *Requires MassiveCore. Availability: Any version.- iDisguise - iDisguise allows you to disguise as mob or as another player. Availability: Any version.
- AutoMessage - it’s an easy to use chat scheduler plugin. It is a plugin perfect for server admins who would like to announce broadcasts at configurable intervals. Availability: 1.2.3 – 1.8.1.
- ActionAnnouncer - This plugin allows you to setup action bar announcements on your server that can be setup in a specific order and can appear at set intervals. This plugin offers the ability to send action bar messages to certain players or to your entire server. Availability: 1.8-1.11.
- Announcer - A very easy to use plugin that can be setup entirely through in-game commands. This plugin offers custom announcement intervals, announcement variables, and plenty of commands to setup the plugin properly. Availability: 1.2.5- 1.9.
Creative Plots Server- PlotSquared - PlotSquared has a simple install and config so you are ready from the get-go, however, if you want to be more complex with your server you can use SimpleRegionMarket to create plots for users which they can buy and sell.
- Factions - This plugin allows you to create your own faction. The more followers a faction has the more land the faction can claim. The risk for griefing is low in claimed land since only the faction followers can build there. *Requires Vault & MassiveCore. Availability: Any version
- Clans - This plugin will allow you to create and join clans. It has a large variety of features. *Requires Vault.- CombatTagPlus - Helps make combat fair and stop cheaters who “combat log”.- MobHunting - Great plugin for putting bounties on peoples heads, allows for player pick-pocketing, player head rewards, and more. This plugin will require an economy plugin and Vault.Minigames Server- MiniGames - This plugin has it all! It includes the ability to create: Jump Puzzles, Mazes, Last Man Standing, Race, Team Deathmatch, Deathmatch, Spleef, Treasure Hunts, CTF, Infection and more!- BattleArena - Minigames Framework, PvP, and Solo combat with limitless customization. Supports multiple arenas.
- One In The Chamber - The aim of the game is to have a free for all and kill eachother, the first one to reach the stated kills wins the game (Default to 25 kills). You receive a bow, sword, and ONE arrow, arrows are 1 hit kill, and you gain one arrow for every kill you obtain.- Quake - Quake is a very addictive game! You have a RailGun and the goal is to shoot other players with it. The RailGun Instant-Kills players, and takes two seconds to 'reload' and shoot again.- PaintballPureWar - Paintball is a fast paced and action packed multiplayer game. In the classic Team-DeathMatch mode 2 teams compete against each other to bombard each other with snowballs.
- uSkyBlock - This plugin will allow you and your friends to play Sky Block. It has challange and co-op features.
- Mob Arena - If you enjoy fighting monsters for glorious prizes or just the sheer thrill of battle, you and your friends can now join forces against hordes of Minecraft evils in the exciting gladiator-style survival mini-game. *Requires Vault
Spleef *You only need one.- HeavySpleef - This provides an easy to use plugin to setup your own, professional spleef games. And you don't need to have much knowledge
- EpicSpleef - Define multiple spleef arenas or play freestyle.Survival Games: *You only need one.- SurvivalGamesMultiverse - Fully automated, install and forget. It fully supports multi-world plugins, and can have multiple arenas.
- Ultimate Survival Games - Ultimate SurvivalGames is a fully configurable plugin, that allow players to play full automaticly survival games! The plugins is very customizable and can be set up different on each server! RPG Server- mcMMO - It adds fourteen unique skills to train and level in. Each of these skills is highly customizable through our configuration files, allowing server admins to tweak mcMMO to best suit the needs of his or her server.
- EpicQuest - It is an easy to use yet highly customizable quest plugin. Immerse your players into Minecraft with a command-less questing experience through villagers, bounty signs and a book to show your progress!
- Heroes - This is a dynamic, flexible and highly configurable class, skill and experience system. Heroes itself is the hub of your players RPG experience, boasting classes, multi-tiering, and advanced skills.
- NPCWarehouse - This is an NPC plugin designed for RolePlaying servers (Can be used on Creative and SMP servers as well, but not focused on this). NPCWarehouse will link in with other role playing plugins (ex. Factions, PermissionsEx, mcMMO, Spout/Spoutcraft) for a great npc experience
- Towny - Towny offers solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters to minecraft server admins. Towny allows players to work together and against each other as they see fit.
- Rankup - A simple, lightweight plugin, allowing your players to pay to switch ranks on a pre-determined track. You can configure a different track of ranks by which your players can progress on, and define a price for each rank. *RequiresVault 1.6.4, economy plugin, andPermissionsEx.
- EZRanksLite - a more advanced alternative to the Rankup plugin- TreeAssist - This plugin will replant trees when they are cut down (or burnt down), and will keep it the same tree type. It also will take down an entire tree when then bottom log is removed depending on whether it is enabled in the config.
- MCPrison - All in one Prison plugin to power your Prison Server. Includes custom built-in rank system, mine resetting, autosmelting and auto-blocking.
How to Import a Create-A-Modpack Using MultiMC (Views: 13384)
This guide will show you the steps to take to import a Create-A-Modpack into MultiMC for easy install and play. This article should not be confused with how to install a modpack...
How to Install Plugins using your Multicraft Control Panel (Views: 47737)
How to install plugins using your Multicraft control panel. 1. Login to your Multicraft control panel, and select your server. 2. Stop your server.3. On the left hand side of...
Create-A-Modpack Addon (Views: 31238)
MCProHosting is proud to offer a Create-A-Modpack addon to its clients. The pack can include up to 150 mods. Our Advanced Modpack Support Team (AMST) will begin the setup as...
MCProHosting Plugin Pack - PvP (Views: 4067)
About the MCProHosting Plugin Pack: PvPThe PvP plugin pack comes preconfigured with all of the Core pack plugins with an added twist: You now have the ability to easily setup...
MCProHosting Plugin Pack - Factions (Views: 1091)
About the MCProHosting Plugin Pack: Factions
The "Factions" plugin pack is a quick and easy solution for server owners looking to create an entire server in just seconds! We...