How to Connect a Domain - GoDaddy
To point your recently purchased GoDaddy domain to your Minecraft server follow these steps:
1. Once logged in you will see your dashboard for your Domains, click on + sign.
2. Next you will see a list of your domains, Click on the launch button under action.
3. You're going to see 3 tabs, "Settings, DNS Zone File and Contacts"
4. Click on the "DNS Zone File" and then find "Add Record".
5. In the following fields type in the following information:
Record type: A (Host)
Points to: Your.IP (Do not include your port.)
TTL: 1/2 Hour
7. Click on "Save Changes"
8. Now go back to "Add Record"
9. Fill in the following information:
Record type: SRV (Service)
Name: mc or play or @ (This will be your prefix, such as mc.myserver.com.)
Target: server.yourdomain.com (You know that A Record you created? Needs to be this name followed by your domain, if want mc or play or @ then this is why I use server in this case.)
Port: Your Minecraft Port
TTL: 1/2 Hour
10. Click on finish and then you will have one the following:
11. Click on "Save Changes".
You're done! Congratulations! You've set up your domain with GoDaddy!
Please be aware that it can take up to 24-48 hours for your domain to be completely active. For any specific problems you have with setting up your domain, please contact GoDaddy.