How to Install Minecraft Modpacks
This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP guide here and completed the custom jars tutorial here.
To install your favourite modpack on your server. Simply login to Multicraft, select and stop your server, then follow these steps:
1. Download the server files for the Modpack you would like. For example. The Tekkit Classic files can be found on this page. On the right hand side you'll see "Technic Launcher" and "Tekkit Classic Server" You want to download the server files. This applies to any modpack you want.
2. Unzip the .zip file to your computer and upload all the files inside, to your server via FTP (i.e. FileZilla)
3. Once uploaded rename the "modpack.jar" file to "custom.jar"
4. Make sure your server is set to use a custom jar. The image below shows you where to change your jar name. You can find this dialogue under you "change server type" menu. For more information, please refer to to this guide here on how to do that.
5. Add a new world and click save. For more details this guide will show you how to create a new world.
**We highly recommend that you start a new world on your server after installing a Minecraft Modpack. This will allow for mods that change world generation and orespawning to enhance your Modpack experience. Otherwise, new ores and world gen will only take place on newly generated chunks.**
6. Start your server and enjoy your Minecraft modpack.
How to OP yourself on your Minecraft Server (Views: 120313)
By default, there are no Minecraft server operators, also known as OPs, on your Minecraft server. Being an OP grants you full permissions to your Minecraft server. To "OP"...
Recommended Minecraft Plugins (Views: 230677)
Plugins Recommended by the MCProHosting Team!Although there are recommended maximums for how many plugins you can run on each server plan, different plugins use different...
How to Install a Client Side Custom Modpack Using MultiMC (Views: 10607)
We recommend that you either use the official jar, however, you may find it easier to use a program like MultiMC. Here's how to install your modpack on your computer, using...
How to Upload a World to Your Minecraft Server Using FTP (Views: 235675)
This guide will go over how to upload a custom world to your Minecraft server using a third party FTP client. This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP guide here.To...
Bukkit Color Codes (Views: 20986)
Many plugins available for Bukkit have the ability to use special codes to add color and format text. Generally, these are referred to as "Color Codes". There are several...