How to Install Minecraft Modpacks
We offer a Mod Support addon that includes, installation, support, and updates. With this subscription you can easily change your modpack in the Multicraft control panel. This service is charged an additional $2 per month. To purchase this addon, simply submit a ticket to our support department.
This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP guide here and completed the custom jars tutorial here.
To install your favourite modpack on your server. Simply login to Multicraft, select and stop your server, then follow these steps:
1. Download the server files for the Modpack you would like. For example. The Tekkit Classic files can be found on this page. On the right hand side you'll see "Technic Launcher" and "Tekkit Classic Server" You want to download the server files. This applies to any modpack you want.
2. Unzip the .zip file to your computer and upload all the files inside, to your server via FTP (i.e. FileZilla)
3. Once uploaded rename the "modpack.jar" file to "custom.jar"
4.Make sure your server is set to use a custom jar. The image below shows you where to change your jar name. You can find this dialogue under you "change server type" menu. For more information, please refer to to this guide here on how to do that.
5. Add a new world and click save. For more details this guide will show you how to create a new world.
**We highly recommend that you start a new world on your server after installing a Minecraft Modpack. This will allow for mods that change world generation and orespawning to enhance your Modpack experience. Otherwise, new ores and world gen will only take place on newly generated chunks.**
6. Start your server and enjoy your Minecraft modpack.
If you have any issues uploading your modpack, we suggest you make a support ticket to the modpacks department.
How to Upload Your World Using Your Control Panel (Views: 24942)
Starting off: You will want to download the world you want to use. This file is usually a .zip or .rar file. Then double click it to extract it. If it extracts all into one...
How to Setup a MySQL Database (Views: 24198)
How to setup a MySQL database for use with your Bukkit servers plugins.To create a MySQL database on your server, log into Multicraft, select your Minecraft server and follow...
How to Reset Your Server (Views: 61089)
Resetting your server to factory settings is very easy. There are two ways to go about it. You can reset your server using FTP File Access or using our Server Type changer.To...
MCProHosting Plugin Pack - Creative (Views: 4673)
About the MCProHosting Plugin Pack: CreativeThe "Creative" plugin pack was designed with the intentions of removing the hassle to create, generate, edit, configure, and assign...
How to Restore a Backup (Views: 30171)
Note this guide assumes you have already made a backup with this guide. To skip straight to uploading your own backup click here.To restore a backup using your control panel...