How to Install Minecraft Modpacks
We offer a Mod Support addon that includes, installation, support, and updates. With this subscription you can easily change your modpack in the Multicraft control panel. This service is charged an additional $2 per month. To purchase this addon, simply submit a ticket to our support department.
This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP guide here and completed the custom jars tutorial here.
To install your favourite modpack on your server. Simply login to Multicraft, select and stop your server, then follow these steps:
1. Download the server files for the Modpack you would like. For example. The Tekkit Classic files can be found on this page. On the right hand side you'll see "Technic Launcher" and "Tekkit Classic Server" You want to download the server files. This applies to any modpack you want.
2. Unzip the .zip file to your computer and upload all the files inside, to your server via FTP (i.e. FileZilla)
3. Once uploaded rename the "modpack.jar" file to "custom.jar"
4. Make sure your server is set to use a custom jar. The image below shows you where to change your jar name. You can find this dialogue under you "change server type" menu. For more information, please refer to to this guide here on how to do that.
5. Add a new world and click save. For more details this guide will show you how to create a new world.
**We highly recommend that you start a new world on your server after installing a Minecraft Modpack. This will allow for mods that change world generation and orespawning to enhance your Modpack experience. Otherwise, new ores and world gen will only take place on newly generated chunks.**
6. Start your server and enjoy your Minecraft modpack.
If you have any issues uploading your modpack, we suggest you make a support ticket to the modpacks department.
MCProHosting Plugin Pack - Creative (Views: 106)
About the MCProHosting Plugin Pack: CreativeThe "Creative" plugin pack was designed with the intentions of removing the hassle to create, generate, edit, configure, and assign...
How to Change Your Servers Difficulty (Views: 18521)
How to change the difficulty for your world.To change the difficulty setting for your world, log into Multicraft, select and stop your server and follow these steps:1. On the...
MCProHosting iOS App (Views: 1603)
MCProHosting is proud to introduce our app for iOS. The app for iOS will allow you to perform basic server functions such as:
Start, Stop, and Restart Your Server
How to OP yourself on your Minecraft Server (Views: 212453)
By default, there are no Minecraft server operators, also known as OPs, on your Minecraft server. Being an OP grants you full permissions to your Minecraft server. To "OP"...
How to Install a Client Side Custom Modpack Using MultiMC (Views: 24983)
We recommend that you either use the official jar, however, you may find it easier to use a program like MultiMC. Here's how to install your modpack on your computer, using...