How to Install Minecraft Modpacks
We offer a Mod Support addon that includes, installation, support, and updates. With this subscription you can easily change your modpack in the Multicraft control panel. This service is charged an additional $2 per month. To purchase this addon, simply submit a ticket to our support department.
This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP guide here and completed the custom jars tutorial here.
To install your favourite modpack on your server. Simply login to Multicraft, select and stop your server, then follow these steps:
1. Download the server files for the Modpack you would like. For example. The Tekkit Classic files can be found on this page. On the right hand side you'll see "Technic Launcher" and "Tekkit Classic Server" You want to download the server files. This applies to any modpack you want.
2. Unzip the .zip file to your computer and upload all the files inside, to your server via FTP (i.e. FileZilla)
3. Once uploaded rename the "modpack.jar" file to "custom.jar"
4. Make sure your server is set to use a custom jar. The image below shows you where to change your jar name. You can find this dialogue under you "change server type" menu. For more information, please refer to to this guide here on how to do that.
5. Add a new world and click save. For more details this guide will show you how to create a new world.
**We highly recommend that you start a new world on your server after installing a Minecraft Modpack. This will allow for mods that change world generation and orespawning to enhance your Modpack experience. Otherwise, new ores and world gen will only take place on newly generated chunks.**
6. Start your server and enjoy your Minecraft modpack.
If you have any issues uploading your modpack, we suggest you make a support ticket to the modpacks department.
How to Import a Custom Modpack Using the Curse Launcher (Views: 610)
This guide will explain how to import your custom modpack using the Curse launcher. Per your request, we can package your modpack for use with this launcher. Otherwise, most...
How to Make a Basic Scheduled Task with Multicraft (Views: 19831)
How to make a scheduled task that runs automatically on your Minecraft server without plugins.These tasks can be create to run on you Minecraft server and post announcements,...
Alternative Minecraft World Types for your Minecraft Server (Views: 24291)
How to change your world to AMPLIFIED, FLAT or LARGEBIOME. This requires a new world to be created.To set your world type, log into Multicraft, select and stop your Minecraft...
How to Import Your MySQL Database (Views: 291)
This knowledgebase article will explain how to import your MySQL database from another source. Wherever your database used to be hosted should provide web-based interface to...
How to Create a Backup (Views: 30565)
Note that this backup will backup everything on your server. This includes plugins and their configs and jar files, logs and crash reports. To make a backup, login to...