How to Install Minecraft Modpacks
We offer a Mod Support addon that includes, installation, support, and updates. With this subscription you can easily change your modpack in the Multicraft control panel. This service is charged an additional $2 per month. To purchase this addon, simply submit a ticket to our support department or visit our live chat in the lower right of our homepage.
This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP guide here and completed the custom jars tutorial here.
To install your favourite modpack on your server. Simply login to Multicraft, select and stop your server, then follow these steps:
1. Download the server files for the Modpack you would like. For example. The Tekkit Classic files can be found on this page. On the right hand side you'll see "Technic Launcher" and "Tekkit Classic Server" You want to download the server files. This applies to any modpack you want.
2. Unzip the .zip file to your computer and upload all the files inside, to your server via FTP (i.e. FileZilla)
3. Once uploaded rename the "modpack.jar" file to "custom.jar"
4. Make sure your server is set to use a custom jar. The image below shows you where to change your jar name. You can find this dialogue under you "change server type" menu. For more information, please refer to to this guide here on how to do that.
5. Add a new world and click save. For more details this guide will show you how to create a new world.
**We highly recommend that you start a new world on your server after installing a Minecraft Modpack. This will allow for mods that change world generation and orespawning to enhance your Modpack experience. Otherwise, new ores and world gen will only take place on newly generated chunks.**
6. Start your server and enjoy your Minecraft modpack.
If you have any issues uploading your modpack, we suggest you make a support ticket to the modpacks department.
How to Set Up DynMap (Views: 19739)
This guide assumes you have installed the Dynmap plugin by following the steps in this guide here.Once Dynmap has been installed, you will need to login to your Multicraft panel...
Recommended BungeeCord Plugins (Views: 10722)
Plugins on a BungeeCord server are not the same as Bukkit/Spigot plugins. They are coded a little bit differently. So by that logic, Bukkit/Spigot plugins cannot be installed on...
How to Reset Your Server (Views: 31465)
Resetting your server to factory settings is very easy. There are two ways to go about it. You can reset your server using FTP File Access or using our Server Type changer.To...
How to Set Up Votifier (Views: 38016)
This guide will go over how to set up Votifier so users can vote for your Minecraft server on various server list websites in exchange for rewards.This guide assumes you have...
How to Reset Your World (Views: 19837)
Occasionally, you may want to start a fresh world, but still keep your plugins, and other settings. In order to reset your world, please follow these steps:1. Log in to...