How to Install Minecraft Modpacks
This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP guide here and completed the custom jars tutorial here.
To install your favourite modpack on your server. Simply login to Multicraft, select and stop your server, then follow these steps:
1. Download the server files for the Modpack you would like. For example. The Tekkit Classic files can be found on this page. On the right hand side you'll see "Technic Launcher" and "Tekkit Classic Server" You want to download the server files. This applies to any modpack you want.
2. Unzip the .zip file to your computer and upload all the files inside, to your server via FTP (i.e. FileZilla)
3. Once uploaded rename the "modpack.jar" file to "custom.jar"
4. Make sure your server is set to use a custom jar. The image below shows you where to change your jar name. You can find this dialogue under you "change server type" menu. For more information, please refer to to this guide here on how to do that.
5. Add a new world and click save. For more details this guide will show you how to create a new world.
**We highly recommend that you start a new world on your server after installing a Minecraft Modpack. This will allow for mods that change world generation and orespawning to enhance your Modpack experience. Otherwise, new ores and world gen will only take place on newly generated chunks.**
6. Start your server and enjoy your Minecraft modpack.
Changing your MOTD/Public Minecraft Server Name (Views: 50542)
To change your MOTD that displays in the Minecraft server screen in your Minecraft client, log into Multicraft, select and stop your Minecraft server and follow these steps:1....
How to Whitelist Your Minecraft Server (Views: 59472)
Whitelisting your server prevents users that are not on the list from joining your server. By default, your server is not whitelisted. So you must enable it and add users to it...
About Minecraft Server View Distances and How to Change Them (Views: 13444)
The view distance setting on your Minecraft server will determine distance in which the world will load when the player is in a spot. The higher the number the view...
How to Make a Support Ticket (Views: 3887)
How to make support ticket if you have a problem with or a question about our services. Opening a support ticket can easily be done via our contact page here.To ensure you get...
How to Make a Basic Scheduled Task with Multicraft (Views: 11597)
How to make a scheduled task that runs automatically on your Minecraft server without plugins.These tasks can be create to run on you Minecraft server and post announcements,...