How to Install Minecraft Modpacks
This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP guide here and completed the custom jars tutorial here.
To install your favourite modpack on your server. Simply login to Multicraft, select and stop your server, then follow these steps:
1. Download the server files for the Modpack you would like. For example. The Tekkit Classic files can be found on this page. On the right hand side you'll see "Technic Launcher" and "Tekkit Classic Server" You want to download the server files. This applies to any modpack you want.
2. Unzip the .zip file to your computer and upload all the files inside, to your server via FTP (i.e. FileZilla)
3. Once uploaded rename the "modpack.jar" file to "custom.jar"
4. Make sure your server is set to use a custom jar. The image below shows you where to change your jar name. You can find this dialogue under you "change server type" menu. For more information, please refer to to this guide here on how to do that.
5. Add a new world and click save. For more details this guide will show you how to create a new world.
**We highly recommend that you start a new world on your server after installing a Minecraft Modpack. This will allow for mods that change world generation and orespawning to enhance your Modpack experience. Otherwise, new ores and world gen will only take place on newly generated chunks.**
6. Start your server and enjoy your Minecraft modpack.
Alternative Minecraft World Types for your Minecraft Server (Views: 17514)
How to change your world to AMPLIFIED, FLAT or LARGEBIOME. This requires a new world to be created.To set your world type, log into Multicraft, select and stop your Minecraft...
Custom Modpack Setup Form (Views: 5193)
Below is an example of our Custom Modpack Setup form. You should receive this form in your email as soon as purchase is completed. If you have not received it, please ensure...
How to Upload Your World using Mac OSX (Views: 2919)
This guide will show you how to upload a world to your server using Mac OSX and Filezilla. You Will Need: Your map Your server FileZilla To begin this process you will...
How to OP yourself on your Minecraft Server (Views: 128902)
By default, there are no Minecraft server operators, also known as OPs, on your Minecraft server. Being an OP grants you full permissions to your Minecraft server. To "OP"...
How to Change Your Servers Difficulty (Views: 10958)
How to change the difficulty for your world.To change the difficulty setting for your world, log into Multicraft, select and stop your server and follow these steps:1. On the...