How to Install Minecraft Modpacks
This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP guide here and completed the custom jars tutorial here.
To install your favourite modpack on your server. Simply login to Multicraft, select and stop your server, then follow these steps:
1. Download the server files for the Modpack you would like. For example. The Tekkit Classic files can be found on this page. On the right hand side you'll see "Technic Launcher" and "Tekkit Classic Server" You want to download the server files. This applies to any modpack you want.
2. Unzip the .zip file to your computer and upload all the files inside, to your server via FTP (i.e. FileZilla)
3. Once uploaded rename the "modpack.jar" file to "custom.jar"
4. Make sure your server is set to use a custom jar. The image below shows you where to change your jar name. You can find this dialogue under you "change server type" menu. For more information, please refer to to this guide here on how to do that.
5. Add a new world and click save. For more details this guide will show you how to create a new world.
**We highly recommend that you start a new world on your server after installing a Minecraft Modpack. This will allow for mods that change world generation and orespawning to enhance your Modpack experience. Otherwise, new ores and world gen will only take place on newly generated chunks.**
6. Start your server and enjoy your Minecraft modpack.
How To Download Your Server Files (Views: 4259)
This guide will show you how to download your server files to your computer. The easiest way to do this is by using an FTP client like Filezilla. However, this guide will show...
About Minecraft Server View Distances and How to Change Them (Views: 12222)
The view distance setting on your Minecraft server will determine distance in which the world will load when the player is in a spot. The higher the number the view...
How to Stop Minecraft Player Achievement Annoucements (Views: 5326)
How to Stop Player Achievement Annoucements being displayed publically throughout your server in 1.7.xTo stop player achievement announcements, log into Multicraft, select and...
How to Manually Install Minecraft Plugins (Views: 84109)
A guide on manually installing most Minecraft plugins.There two ways to manually install a plugin on your server: 1. via FTP using your Control Panel2. via FilezillaTo...
How To Mirror Permissions With Group Manager (Views: 1950)
Group manager is a per world permissions plugin, but you can set it up where your permissions will mirror to all words. All you have to do is make some changes to...