How to Install Minecraft Modpacks
We offer a Mod Support addon that includes, installation, support, and updates. With this subscription you can easily change your modpack in the Multicraft control panel. This service is charged an additional $2 per month. To purchase this addon, simply submit a ticket to our support department.
This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP guide here and completed the custom jars tutorial here.
To install your favourite modpack on your server. Simply login to Multicraft, select and stop your server, then follow these steps:
1. Download the server files for the Modpack you would like. For example. The Tekkit Classic files can be found on this page. On the right hand side you'll see "Technic Launcher" and "Tekkit Classic Server" You want to download the server files. This applies to any modpack you want.
2. Unzip the .zip file to your computer and upload all the files inside, to your server via FTP (i.e. FileZilla)
3. Once uploaded rename the "modpack.jar" file to "custom.jar"
4. Make sure your server is set to use a custom jar. The image below shows you where to change your jar name. You can find this dialogue under you "change server type" menu. For more information, please refer to to this guide here on how to do that.
5. Add a new world and click save. For more details this guide will show you how to create a new world.
**We highly recommend that you start a new world on your server after installing a Minecraft Modpack. This will allow for mods that change world generation and orespawning to enhance your Modpack experience. Otherwise, new ores and world gen will only take place on newly generated chunks.**
6. Start your server and enjoy your Minecraft modpack.
If you have any issues uploading your modpack, we suggest you make a support ticket to the modpacks department.
How to Enable Essentials Signs (Views: 27932)
By default, Essentials signs are not enabled.
In order to enable Essentials signs:1. Log into your Multicraft account, and select your server. 2. On the left navigation bar,...
How to Whitelist Your Minecraft Server (Views: 179919)
Whitelisting your server prevents users that are not on the list from joining your server. By default, your server is not whitelisted. So you must enable it and add users to it...
How to Make a Basic Scheduled Task with Multicraft (Views: 24965)
How to make a scheduled task that runs automatically on your Minecraft server without plugins.These tasks can be create to run on you Minecraft server and post announcements,...
Recommended Sponge Plugins (Views: 86)
Sponge is a server mod used on 1.8 and above modded servers wanting to use plugins. Sponge requires the use of a different type of plugin, known as a Sponge plugin. So by that...
How to Find Your Single Player Minecraft World (Views: 57517)
How to find your single player Minecraft world on your computerThe easiest way the find your Minecraft world saves are via the following steps:1. Open up the Minecraft...