How to Install Minecraft Modpacks
This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP guide here and completed the custom jars tutorial here.
To install your favourite modpack on your server. Simply login to Multicraft, select and stop your server, then follow these steps:
1. Download the server files for the Modpack you would like. For example. The Tekkit Classic files can be found on this page. On the right hand side you'll see "Technic Launcher" and "Tekkit Classic Server" You want to download the server files. This applies to any modpack you want.
2. Unzip the .zip file to your computer and upload all the files inside, to your server via FTP (i.e. FileZilla)
3. Once uploaded rename the "modpack.jar" file to "custom.jar"
4. Make sure your server is set to use a custom jar. The image below shows you where to change your jar name. You can find this dialogue under you "change server type" menu. For more information, please refer to to this guide here on how to do that.
5. Add a new world and click save. For more details this guide will show you how to create a new world.
**We highly recommend that you start a new world on your server after installing a Minecraft Modpack. This will allow for mods that change world generation and orespawning to enhance your Modpack experience. Otherwise, new ores and world gen will only take place on newly generated chunks.**
6. Start your server and enjoy your Minecraft modpack.
Common Problems and Solutions (Views: 21329)
Common errors/problems you may face as a server owner and the solutions."Can't connect to Minecraft bridge" or "Intermittent connection issues to your node. (auth: Empty...
How to Setup a MySQL Database (Views: 9366)
How to setup a MySQL database for use with your Bukkit servers plugins.To create a MySQL database on your server, log into Multicraft, select your Minecraft server and follow...
Recommended Minecraft Plugins (Views: 213641)
Plugins Recommended by the MCProHosting Team!Although there are recommended maximums for how many plugins you can run on each server plan, different plugins use different...
How to Change Your Minecraft World Seed (Views: 27745)
How to change your world seed for your Minecraft server.To change your world seed and start a new world, log into Multicraft, select and stop your server and follow these...
Reducing Lag on Minecraft Servers (Views: 51163)
This knowledgebase article will help you learn how to reduce lag on your Minecraft server. Reasons for lag:- Too many players and not enough RAM.- Too many mobs/items and not...