How to Manually Install Minecraft Plugins
There two ways to manually install a plugin on your server:
1. via FTP using your Control Panel
2. via Filezilla
To install plugins on your server you need login to Multicraft, select and stop your server, and follow the steps below for installing plugins via FTP using your Control Panel.
1. If you server is not already running on Bukkit Minecraft, you need to switch your server to a version of Bukkit. A guide on switch your server type can be found here.
2. If your server is running Bukkit and you have started it at least once you will see a folder named "plugins" when you go to your FTP File Access via your control panel.
3. Click on the "plugins" folder.
4. Upload the desired plugin by dragging the file into your plugins folder.
5. Once the upload is complete, click the red "x" at the upper right of the upload menu. You should now see your plugin in the plugins folder.
6. Restart your Minecraft server and the plugin will install and possibly generate a folder within the plugins folder. This will hold all the configuration files and such for the respective plugin.
You can also install plugins using a third party FTP program like FileZilla. This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP Guide in our knowledgebase and are familiar with connecting to your server via Filezilla.
1. Connect to your server's FTP file access via Filezilla.
2. Nagivate to the "plugins" folder.
3. Drag and drop the jar file into the folder on the right hand side of the FileZilla screen or right click and upload the file if you have navigated to it on the left side of your FileZilla screen.
4. Restart your server and the plugin will install and possibly generate a folder within the plugins folder. This will hold all the configuration files and such for the respective plugin.
Things to note:
- If the file extension of the plugin is a .zip file. You can upload the zip file then click on the "Unzip" button in your Multicraft FTP to unzip the plugin. All plugins exist as .jar files. A .zip file is NOT a plugin.
- If there is a problem with the plugin it will always display an error message in the console so it is best to refer back to the console regulary.
- Check that the plugin works for your Bukkit version, this can be seen on the plugin's Bukkit page.
- If you are using FileZilla. Just upload the plugins to the plugins folder when you log on.
- You can find information about permission nodes, configuration options, and extra installation steps on the respective plugin page.
How to Setup a MySQL Database (Views: 8394)
How to setup a MySQL database for use with your Bukkit servers plugins.To create a MySQL database on your server, log into Multicraft, select your Minecraft server and follow...
How To Install A Ready Made Map (Views: 5092)
This guide is intended to guide you through the process of installing one of our ready-made maps to your server. As with all of our guides, it is strongly recommended that you...
How to Enable and Use Custom Jars on Multicraft (Views: 44977)
This guide explains the steps of using custom jars on your Minecraft server, so you can install a FTB, Technic, or other types of modpacks. This option is not available on Air...
How to Make a Support Ticket (Views: 3773)
How to make support ticket if you have a problem with or a question about our services. Opening a support ticket can easily be done via our contact page here.To ensure you get...
How To Create A New World (Views: 3857)
We are going to create a new world in this guide. It's a very easy process, and you should be done in no time. There are many times during your time as a server owner that you...