How to Install Bukkit Minecraft Plugins
A guide on installing most Bukkit Minecraft plugins.
This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP guide here.
To install plugins on your server you need to log into FTP via FileZilla or Multicraft, these steps explain the process of installing plugins with the Multicraft FTP. Login to Multicraft, select and stop your server, and follow these steps:
1. If you server is not already running on Bukkit Minecraft, you need to switch your server to a version of Bukkit. A guide on switch your Jar file can be found here.
2. If your server is running Bukkit and you have started it at least once you will see a folder named "plugins" when you log into your FTP.
3. Navigate to the "plugins" folder.
4. On the left hand side, click "Upload" in the navigation bar.
5. Click the "Browse" button, under "Files to upload"
6. You want to choose the jar file that you downloaded from the plugins respective Bukkit page. If the plugin is in a zip folder you must unzip it before you upload it (Right click and "extract") For information about choosing plugins to install check out our Recommended Minecraft Plugins Guide.
7. Click "Submit" at the bottom.
8. Restart your Mineacraft server and the plugin will install and possibly generate a folder within the plugins folder. This will hold all the configuration files and such for the respective plugin.
4. Drag and drop the jar file into the folder on the right hand side of the FileZilla screen or right click and upload the file if you have navigated to it on the left side of your FileZilla screen.
5. Restart your server and the plugin will install and possibly generate a folder within the plugins folder. This will hold all the configuration files and such for the respective plugin.
Things to note:
- If there is a problem with the plugin it will always display an error message in the console so it is best to refer back to the console regulary.
- Check that the plugin works for your Bukkit version, this can be seen on the plugin's Bukkit page.
- If you are using FileZilla. Just upload the plugins to the plugins folder when you log on.
- You can find information about permission nodes, configuration options, and extra installation steps on the respective plugin page.
How to Enable Custom Jars on Multicraft (Views: 10403)
How to Enable Command Blocks on a Minecraft Server (Views: 7498)
How to Change Your Server’s Name (Views: 408)
How to Install Forge (Views: 3345)
Common Problems and Solutions (Views: 6780)