How to Upload a World to Your Minecraft Server Using FTP
This guide will go over how to upload a custom world to your Minecraft server using a third party FTP client.
This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP guide here.To upload a world to your server, you will need to log into FTP via FileZilla and follow these steps: 1. Login to your Multicraft control panel, and select your Minecraft server. 2. Stop your server.
3. Unzip your world. Downloaded worlds will always be zipped.
3a. To unzip a file in Windows 7, open the zipped file, click "Extract all files" in the toolbar, select a location you will remember, and click "Extract" .
3b. To unzip a file in Windows 8, open the zipped file, click "Extract" then "Extract All" in the toolbar, select a location you will remember, and click "Extract".
4. Once your world has been extracted, locate the world, and give it a friendly name that you will remember. In our example, we will be renaming our world from "World" to "world2". Make sure you give your world a name that doesn't already exist on your server or contain any spaces or special characters like "-", "." or "_".
5. Connect to your server's FTP via FileZilla, and upload the entire world folder to your server's root directory. To upload the entire folder, simply drag your world's folder to the "/". Uploading a world can take some time, depending on your internet connection, and the size of the world.
6. Once your world's upload has been completed, you will need to login to your Multicraft control panel, and select your server.
7. Scroll down to the "World" section (above "Livechat Code"), and click "Add World". When you are prompted for the world name, imput the exact same friendly name you gave the world you uploaded. In our example, we used "world2". Once you have filled out the world name, click OK.
8. Select your world from the world dropdown list, and click "Save" at the bottom of your control panel.
9. Start your Minecraft server, and your world upload is complete!
How to Set Up DynMap (Views: 33524)
This guide assumes you have installed the Dynmap plugin by following the steps in this guide here.Once Dynmap has been installed, you will need to login to your Multicraft panel...
How to Make a Support Ticket (Views: 6134)
How to make support ticket if you have a problem with or a question about our services.
Opening a support ticket can easily be done via our contact page here.To ensure you get...
How to Connect a Domain - GoDaddy (Views: 72602)
How to point your GoDaddy domain to your Minecraft server.To point your recently purchased GoDaddy domain to your Minecraft server follow these steps:1. Once logged in you...
How to Enable and Use Custom Jars on Multicraft (Views: 80336)
This guide explains the steps of using custom jars on your Minecraft server, so you can install a FTB, Technic, or other types of modpacks. This option is not available on Air...
How to Move Your Server to MCProHosting (Views: 817)
This article will explain how to use MCProHosting’s server importer feature. This feature is used to pull files from one FTP to a server that you have purchased on...