How to Upload a World to Your Minecraft Server Using FTP
This guide will go over how to upload a custom world to your Minecraft server using a third party FTP client.
This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP guide here.To upload a world to your server, you will need to log into FTP via FileZilla and follow these steps: 1. Login to your Multicraft control panel, and select your Minecraft server. 2. Stop your server.
3. Unzip your world. Downloaded worlds will always be zipped.
3a. To unzip a file in Windows 7, open the zipped file, click "Extract all files" in the toolbar, select a location you will remember, and click "Extract" .
3b. To unzip a file in Windows 8, open the zipped file, click "Extract" then "Extract All" in the toolbar, select a location you will remember, and click "Extract".
4. Once your world has been extracted, locate the world, and give it a friendly name that you will remember. In our example, we will be renaming our world from "World" to "world2". Make sure you give your world a name that doesn't already exist on your server or contain any spaces or special characters like "-", "." or "_".
5. Connect to your server's FTP via FileZilla, and upload the entire world folder to your server's root directory. To upload the entire folder, simply drag your world's folder to the "/". Uploading a world can take some time, depending on your internet connection, and the size of the world.
6. Once your world's upload has been completed, you will need to login to your Multicraft control panel, and select your server.
7. Scroll down to the "World" section (above "Livechat Code"), and click "Add World". When you are prompted for the world name, imput the exact same friendly name you gave the world you uploaded. In our example, we used "world2". Once you have filled out the world name, click OK.
8. Select your world from the world dropdown list, and click "Save" at the bottom of your control panel.
9. Start your Minecraft server, and your world upload is complete!
Advertising your server (Views: 91032)
Looking to advertise your server? Here are some sites to you can signup and get new members to join your server. You can also use Votifier to provide items for people who vote...
How To Create A New World (Views: 21788)
We are going to create a new world in this guide. It's a very easy process, and you should be done in no time. There are many times during your time as a server owner that you...
How to Enable Command Blocks on a Minecraft Server (Views: 156560)
How to enable command blocks on your Minecraft server.Command blocks are normally a requirement for adventure maps. So if your adventure map is not working double check you have...
How to Enable and Use Custom Jars on Multicraft (Views: 94762)
This guide explains the steps of using custom jars on your Minecraft server, so you can install a FTB, Technic, or other types of modpacks. This option is not available on Air...
Changing your MOTD/Public Minecraft Server Name (Views: 105335)
To change your MOTD that displays in the Minecraft server screen in your Minecraft client, log into Multicraft, select and stop your Minecraft server and follow these steps:1....