How to Upload a World to Your Minecraft Server Using FTP
This guide will go over how to upload a custom world to your Minecraft server using a third party FTP client.
This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP guide here.To upload a world to your server, you will need to log into FTP via FileZilla and follow these steps: 1. Login to your Multicraft control panel, and select your Minecraft server. 2. Stop your server.
3. Unzip your world. Downloaded worlds will always be zipped.
3a. To unzip a file in Windows 7, open the zipped file, click "Extract all files" in the toolbar, select a location you will remember, and click "Extract" .
3b. To unzip a file in Windows 8, open the zipped file, click "Extract" then "Extract All" in the toolbar, select a location you will remember, and click "Extract".
4. Once your world has been extracted, locate the world, and give it a friendly name that you will remember. In our example, we will be renaming our world from "World" to "world2". Make sure you give your world a name that doesn't already exist on your server or contain any spaces or special characters like "-", "." or "_".
5. Connect to your server's FTP via FileZilla, and upload the entire world folder to your server's root directory. To upload the entire folder, simply drag your world's folder to the "/". Uploading a world can take some time, depending on your internet connection, and the size of the world.
6. Once your world's upload has been completed, you will need to login to your Multicraft control panel, and select your server.
7. Scroll down to the "World" section (above "Livechat Code"), and click "Add World". When you are prompted for the world name, imput the exact same friendly name you gave the world you uploaded. In our example, we used "world2". Once you have filled out the world name, click OK.
8. Select your world from the world dropdown list, and click "Save" at the bottom of your control panel.
9. Start your Minecraft server, and your world upload is complete!
How To Download Your Server Files (Views: 11949)
This guide will show you how to download your server files to your computer. The easiest way to do this is by using an FTP client like Filezilla. However, this guide will show...
How to Upload Your World Using Your Control Panel (Views: 7159)
Starting off: You will want to download the world you want to use. This file is usually a .zip or .rar file. Then double click it to extract it. If it extracts all into one...
How to Add a Minecraft Server Icon (Views: 136869)
To add a server icon, log into Multicraft, select and stop your Minecraft server, then follow these steps:
Icon Specifications:Size: 64x64 pixelsFiletype: .PNGMaking the...
How to Ping a Minecraft Server (Views: 22991)
How to ping a Minecraft server to check the latency between you and the server.1. Open up your Minecraft client and navigate to the server list (Multiplayer)2. Add a server to...
How to Set a Player AFK Timer (Views: 4859)
This article covers how to set a player AFK timer in Minecraft 1.7.x without using a plugin.To set an AFK timer, log into Multicraft, select and stop your server then follow...