How to Upload a World to Your Minecraft Server Using FTP
This guide will go over how to upload a custom world to your Minecraft server using a third party FTP client.
This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP guide here.To upload a world to your server, you will need to log into FTP via FileZilla and follow these steps: 1. Login to your Multicraft control panel, and select your Minecraft server. 2. Stop your server.
3. Unzip your world. Downloaded worlds will always be zipped.
3a. To unzip a file in Windows 7, open the zipped file, click "Extract all files" in the toolbar, select a location you will remember, and click "Extract" .
3b. To unzip a file in Windows 8, open the zipped file, click "Extract" then "Extract All" in the toolbar, select a location you will remember, and click "Extract".
4. Once your world has been extracted, locate the world, and give it a friendly name that you will remember. In our example, we will be renaming our world from "World" to "world2". Make sure you give your world a name that doesn't already exist on your server or contain any spaces or special characters like "-", "." or "_".
5. Connect to your server's FTP via FileZilla, and upload the entire world folder to your server's root directory. To upload the entire folder, simply drag your world's folder to the "/". Uploading a world can take some time, depending on your internet connection, and the size of the world.
6. Once your world's upload has been completed, you will need to login to your Multicraft control panel, and select your server.
7. Scroll down to the "World" section (above "Livechat Code"), and click "Add World". When you are prompted for the world name, imput the exact same friendly name you gave the world you uploaded. In our example, we used "world2". Once you have filled out the world name, click OK.
8. Select your world from the world dropdown list, and click "Save" at the bottom of your control panel.
9. Start your Minecraft server, and your world upload is complete!
Advertising your server (Views: 62855)
Looking to advertise your server? Here are some sites to you can signup and get new members to join your server. You can also use Votifier to provide items for people who vote...
The Minecraft Server Hosting Glossary (Key Terms) (Views: 19044)
Running a Minecraft server can be an exciting but also daunting experience for some. This guide has been created to make that task much easier on you! Please take the time to...
How to Install Minecraft Modpacks (Views: 170235)
We offer a Mod Support addon that includes, installation, support, and updates. With this subscription you can easily change your modpack in the Multicraft control panel....
How to Find Your Single Player Minecraft World (Views: 34101)
How to find your single player Minecraft world on your computerThe easiest way the find your Minecraft world saves are via the following steps:1. Open up the Minecraft...
How to Add a Resource Pack to a Minecraft Server (Views: 73613)
For users to be able to download the resource pack on your server, you will need to upload it somewhere.In this example we will be using Dropbox. Dropbox is free and easy to...