How to Upload a World to Your Minecraft Server Using FTP
This guide will go over how to upload a custom world to your Minecraft server using a third party FTP client.
This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP guide here.To upload a world to your server, you will need to log into FTP via FileZilla and follow these steps: 1. Login to your Multicraft control panel, and select your Minecraft server. 2. Stop your server.
3. Unzip your world. Downloaded worlds will always be zipped.
3a. To unzip a file in Windows 7, open the zipped file, click "Extract all files" in the toolbar, select a location you will remember, and click "Extract" .
3b. To unzip a file in Windows 8, open the zipped file, click "Extract" then "Extract All" in the toolbar, select a location you will remember, and click "Extract".
4. Once your world has been extracted, locate the world, and give it a friendly name that you will remember. In our example, we will be renaming our world from "World" to "world2". Make sure you give your world a name that doesn't already exist on your server or contain any spaces or special characters like "-", "." or "_".
5. Connect to your server's FTP via FileZilla, and upload the entire world folder to your server's root directory. To upload the entire folder, simply drag your world's folder to the "/". Uploading a world can take some time, depending on your internet connection, and the size of the world.
6. Once your world's upload has been completed, you will need to login to your Multicraft control panel, and select your server.
7. Scroll down to the "World" section (above "Livechat Code"), and click "Add World". When you are prompted for the world name, imput the exact same friendly name you gave the world you uploaded. In our example, we used "world2". Once you have filled out the world name, click OK.
8. Select your world from the world dropdown list, and click "Save" at the bottom of your control panel.
9. Start your Minecraft server, and your world upload is complete!
How to Reset Your World (Views: 32100)
Occasionally, you may want to start a fresh world, but still keep your plugins, and other settings. In order to reset your world, please follow these steps:1. Log in to...
How to Add a User to Multicraft (Views: 46954)
How to add a user to your Multicraft control panel to help manage your Minecraft server.
To add a user to your Multicraft control panel so they can help manage your Minecraft...
How to Import Your MySQL Database (Views: 1226)
This knowledgebase article will explain how to import your MySQL database from another source. Wherever your database used to be hosted should provide web-based interface to...
How to Setup a MySQL Database (Views: 19070)
How to setup a MySQL database for use with your Bukkit servers plugins.To create a MySQL database on your server, log into Multicraft, select your Minecraft server and follow...
How to Set Up DynMap (Views: 38906)
This guide assumes you have installed the Dynmap plugin by following the steps in this guide here.Once Dynmap has been installed, you will need to login to your Multicraft panel...