Changing your MOTD/Public Minecraft Server Name
1. On the left hand side of your control panel click .
4. Scroll down to the Server Message field. It should be prepopulated with "A Minecraft Server". See the image below for reference.
5. Remove "A Minecraft Server" and enter in your chosen display message.
6. If you want to add colour to your message check the colour codes for Minecraft here or for Bukkit here. You will need to enter in the color code before your letter or word you want to color.
7. Once you are happy with the format, click
8. Start your server and enjoy your personalized Minecraft server message.
- You must restart your server everytime you want to make a change to your MOTD.
- Vanilla Minecraft cannot use Bukkit color codes. However, Bukkit can use Minecraft color codes.
How to Create a Backup (Views: 19926)
Note that this backup will backup everything on your server. This includes plugins and their configs and jar files, logs and crash reports. To make a backup, login to...
How to Change Your Servers Difficulty (Views: 9498)
How to change the difficulty for your world.To change the difficulty setting for your world, log into Multicraft, select and stop your server and follow these steps:1. On the...
Reducing Lag on Minecraft Servers (Views: 56728)
This knowledgebase article will help you learn how to reduce lag on your Minecraft server. Reasons for lag:- Too many players and not enough RAM.- Too many mobs/items and not...
How to Add a Resource Pack to a Minecraft Server (Views: 34353)
For users to be able to download the resource pack on your server, you will need to upload it somewhere.In this example we will be using Dropbox. Dropbox is free and easy to...
How to Connect a Domain - NameCheap (Views: 1307)
To point your recently purchased NameCheap domain to your Minecraft server follow these steps:1. Once logged in you will see your dashboard for your Domains, click on...