How to Upload a World to Your Minecraft Server Using FTP
This guide assumes that you have followed the FTP guide here.
To upload a world to your server, you will need to log into FTP via FileZilla and follow these steps:
1. Login to your Multicraft control panel, and select your Minecraft server.
2. Stop your server.
3. Unzip your world. Downloaded worlds will always be zipped.
3a. To unzip a file in Windows 7, open the zipped file, click "Extract all files" in the toolbar, select a location you will remember, and click "Extract".
3b. To unzip a file in Windows 8, open the zipped file, click "Extract" then "Extract All" in the toolbar, select a location you will remember, and click "Extract".
4. Once your world has been extracted, locate the world, and give it a friendly name that you will remember. In our example, we will be renaming our world from "World" to "world2". Make sure you give your world a name that doesn't already exist on your server or contain any spaces or special characters like "-", "." or "_".
5. Connect to your server's FTP via FileZilla, and upload the entire world folder to your server's root directory. To upload the entire folder, simply drag your world's folder to the "/". Uploading a world can take some time, depending on your internet connection, and the size of the world.
6. Once your world's upload has been completed, you will need to login to your Multicraft control panel, and select your server.
7. On your control panel, locate the option named "World Selection". Click the drop-down next to this option and select the world you just uploaded. In this case, we're selecting the world named "world2".
8. After selecting that world, click "Save" on your server's control panel.
9. Start your Minecraft server, and your world upload is complete!
Here's a video that details this process:
- 2359 Users Found This Useful
Was this answer helpful?
You have full ability to change your Minecraft version directly through the control panel.1. Log...
How to enable command blocks on your Minecraft server.Command blocks are normally a requirement...
To change your MOTD that displays in the Minecraft server screen in your Minecraft client, log...
This requires a new world to be created.To set your world type, log into Multicraft, select and...
Adding a user to your control panel allows you to add others that can help to manage your server....